Locations that offer The Fresh Test
Midtown Nurse Midwives Los Angeles Distributor
2025 P St. For pick up only
Sacramento CA 95811 email@example.com
Golden Oak Midwives
419-30th Street Suite 2
Oakland CA 94609
Breath of Life Women's Health & Birth Center
1900 E. Bay Dr.
Largo, FL 33771
Circle of Life Midwifery & Holistic Family Health
830 East Rd. Clarksburg MA 01247
51 Newark Street Suite 205
Hoboken, NJ 07030
1. When would I drink The Fresh Test product? The Fresh Test is equivalent to the 50-gram glucose drink, commonly called glucola. 50-gram glucose drinks are often used to test for gestational diabetes, formally called the Glucose Load Test. However, The Fresh Test can also be consumed as a refreshing lemonade beverage! It’s light and delicious.
The American Diabetes Association suggests that the Glucose Load Test be performed at 24 – 28 weeks of gestation in women not previously diagnosed with diabetes. The 50-gram drink should be consumed within 5 minutes and then a 1 hour plasma glucose test will be taken at your lab or physician's office. Please speak with your laboratory or healthcare professional for their instruction.
If you are a healthcare professional and have more questions about the ADA's screening and diagnosis of GDM refer to the Diabetes Care journal here: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes - 2019.
2. When does The Fresh Test expire?
We currently have two product offerings. The Fresh Test powder version has a shelf life of around 9 months – 1.5 years. This does not need to be refrigerated. The Fresh Test lemonade beverage has an average 5 month shelf life and must remain refridgerated. This product is manufactured by Juice Connections in Los Angeles.
3. How will The Fresh Test be shipped to me?
Orders are shipped twice a month. The Fresh Test is not responsible for lost or stolen product, product left out for extended periods of time, carrier weather or unrelated delays. Additionally, The Fresh Test cannot be held responsible for damaged or compromised product due to incorrect addresses or unopened shipments. Do not drink any of the fresh pressed beverages that you suspect has been in warmer temperatures over 40ºF.
4. How much does The Fresh Test cost?
Please refer to the Products tab of this website. Discounts are posted for bulk orders intended for healthcare professionals, such as obstetricians, endocrinologists, laboratories, wellness stores, etc. The Fresh Test has gone through significant research and development to ensure precise equivalency to standard 50 gram glucose beverages. This initial R&D along with our ingredient sourcing, is reflected in the price however we hope it will come down in months to come. Shipping and handling costs do go up depending on your location. Our headquarters are in Los Angeles, CA. The Fresh Test is available to ship within the United States.
5. What does Cold-Pressed juice mean?
Cold-Pressed means we extract juice using a hydraulic press. This method of extraction yields 3-5 times more vitamins, minerals and live enzymes than juice extracted any other way. The Fresh Test beverage uses High Pressure Processing. HPP is a cold pasteurization technique by which products, already sealed in its final package, are introduced into a vessel and subjected to a high level of isostatic pressure (300–600MPa/43,500-87,000psi) transmitted by water. High-pressure processing protects consumers by destroying dangerous food-borne pathogens that lead to illness, such as listeria.
6. Why would someone choose The Fresh Test over a traditional 50-gram drink?
Many consumers are cautious when consuming the ingredients often found in traditional glucolas. Some of those ingredients may include: D-Glucose derived from conventional GMO corn, Brominated vegetable oil, Yellow #6, Red #40, butylated hydroxyanisole, sodium benzoates and sodium hexametaphosphate. The majority of these glucolas were developed in the 1960s and our team felt it was time for a more natural option. As health conscious individuals, please do your homework on the aforementioned ingredients. Please visit our About tab for more information.
7. What ingredients are in The Fresh Test products? The Fresh Test beverage contains Filtered Water, Organic Cucumber, Organic Lemon, Non-GMO Glucose and Organic Mint. The Fresh Test powder version contains Non-GMO Glucose, Crystalized Lemon and Organic Mint. These products taste very similar to one another and both have been tested to contain exactly 50-grams of glucose (with negligible amounts of fiber, protein, sucrose, fructose, fat, etc). Our team has done rigorous clinical and laboratory testing to ensure equivalency. We have also found a way to keep these products as natural, organic and delicious as possible.